You are currently browsing the monthly archive for January 2010.
It is hard to beat the beauty that only Mother Nature can offer. See Watson Lake in Winter in this FLICKR photo set.
Why “Prescott Rocks?” Because of so many things that this blog will explore:
- Four-hundred fifty miles of trails in Forest Services lands
- 28+ miles of Prescott trails (click for information)
- Our mild four-season climate (often 20 degrees cooler than the Phoenix area)
- Opportunities for bicycle riders of all skill levels (click for information then click on Bicycling Opportunities Map)
- The Worlds Oldest Rodeo — the 123rd annual rodeo starts on June 28, 2010!
- Jazz aficionado? Plan to attend the Prescott Arizona Jazz Summit August 27-29.
Please join us at a meeting next Saturday January 23rd from 1-4 pm at the Marriott Residence Inn on Highway 69 (the new hotel across the street and towards Prescott from Costco).
Chris Hosking, Greg, Christophe from Raven Singletrack and Prescott City Councilwoman Lora Lopas have talked with IMBA over the past month or so about what it would take to have Prescott become an IMBA Ride Center. Prescott seem:to have most of what it takes:
- Great variety of trails for all abilities
- Fantastic Bike Shops
- Awesome after ride hangouts
- People with a Passion for Riding
IMBA is coming to Prescott to give a short presentation followed by a group discussion on how to bring our Mountain Biking Community together as one collective group. We think Prescott has a lot to offer and we like to WOW them with a great showing.